Friday 20 August 2010

Where's the Love??

Happy Thursday my lovelies!!
I hope you all are having a beautiful day, I am even though my day started lazily -laughs out loud-.. So as I laid in the bed I thought about something which makes my heart break a little.. I noticed on Face-book that I get notifications about the wrong that happens to our Muslim sisters and brothers in the Middle East and Russia and I must say they are by far not the only Muslim populous here on mother earth.. We have sisters and brothers struggling and going through hard times as well in our African and Asian countries, the highest concentration of Muslims live in Asian countries if you didn't know.. 
I get that I'm not the biggest activist ever but being of African decent and a Muslimah I really feel some kind of way when I see that my Ummah not necessarily as a whole but almost as a majority is not giving recognition to my other brethren who are hurting as well.. I can never take away the fact that we pray for one another but within the media they get pushed by the wayside which seems unfair to me.. A great example is Dafur given it was a genocide issue more so than religious, they still have a big Muslim population.. Given the war they were going through was getting support/relief but only for a short period of time, whereas (**this is my comparison, like I said my comparison as well as my personal opinion, so with that said it isn't my intention to offend anyone**) the free Palestine conflict (which oddly enough was an issue of occupation and not religious but, they have a large Muslim population as well)was getting way more recognition and support/relief it just confuses me.. 


I myself haven't been doing anything aside from prayer for both nations but if I could I'd do more especially better educate myself on other issues going on with our Ummah in other countries aside from what the media puts out.. Maybe one of these days I'll educate myself thoroughly on the issues of an African or Asian nation and I'll be able to go over and participate in the relief effort, that would be nice to put a smile on someones face just to know you helped better the life of the next person, always a good feeling..
That had been on my mind for the longest, just needed to air that out.. I get that some people aren't as perceptive to what's going on or about how things may be going down but regardless people in need are people in need and if you have a heart you'll reach out no matter what, I guess that was my main point.. Help out equally don't just focus your efforts on one cause when they're many to fight for that need our help..
I hope you all have a great day today and can help another smile today, you'll be surprised to know it'll make you happy as well..


Peace & Blessings, That Black Girl


Art used and there links:
 I Love Africa- My Opera
Free Palestine- Free Palestine
I Love Asia- AsiaLove
Dafur- Save Darfur

Blog Archive