Wednesday 24 September 2008

Alicia Keys

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Alicia-Keys-jr38.jpg

Biography of Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys was born January 25, 1980, in New York City, New York. The only child of an Irish-Italian mother and an African father, Alicia got her start in showbiz at the tender age of 5 when she guest-starred in an episode of The Cosby Show. That brief experience increased her desire to become a professional performer, and she began taking piano lessons two years later. “I fell in love with the piano,” Alicia Keys recalls fondly. “I knew it was me. I was dying to play.”

http://highbridnation.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/alicia_keys.jpg

alicia keys is signed to j records
Alicia Keys’ passion for the piano was obvious to anyone within earshot, and she parlayed her skill into a spot at New York’s prestigious Professional Performing Arts School where she graduated as the school’s valedictorian at the age of 16. Alicia then briefly flirted with university before inking a deal with musical impresario Clive Davis, who signed her to his fledging J Records label. The powerful multi-genre label proved to be a perfect fit for her enormous talents, and Alicia Keys was soon rewarded Davis’ confidence in her abilities with contributions to the soundtracks of Shaft and Dr. Dolittle 2.

http://www.yorapper.com/Photos/alicia-keys-tickets.gif

alicia keys releases songs in a minor
Alicia Keys’ big break came in 2001 with the release of her debut album, Songs in A Minor. The multiplatinum record was an immediate hit with fans and critics alike, and Alicia’s brilliance was recognized with an incredible five Grammy Awards, including trophies for Best R&B Album, Best New Artist and Song of the Year for “Fallin’.”

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg80/toyasthaspot52/alicia-keys-photoshoot.jpg

alicia keys' diary of alicia keys
Alicia Keys proved the success of her debut wasn’t a fluke with the release of The Diary of Alicia Keys in 2003. The stunning sophomore album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts and went on to win the Grammy Award for best R&B album thanks to the hit singles "You Don't Know My Name," "If I Ain't Got You" and "Karma."

http://pianologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/alicia_keys-4.jpg

alicia keys in smokin’ aces
Alicia Keys released a live album entitled Unplugged in 2005 before returning to her dramatic roots with roles in the big-screen films Smokin’ Aces, starring Ben Affleck and Jeremy Piven, and The Nanny Diaries, starring Scarlett Johansson. “I always knew that [acting] was in my future,” she admits. “I grew up around the theater. My mother is an actress. I would fall asleep on tons of theater chairs. It's in my blood -- it's in my spirit and my fabric of who I am."



Blog Archive